Things to Do In Selah & Yakima, Washington
Come discover Selah and Yakima, Washington. With so many things to do in the area, you'll always be entertained. No matter the season, Yakima and Selah have activities and events for everyone to enjoy. We're also the closest hotel to the Yakima Training Center making your trip all the more convenient. If you would like help finding things to do while in the area, our hotel's Tourism Office located in the lobby will help you fill your day with fun activities, exciting events, and places to visit. Selah and Yakima, WA will be your gateway to adventure. Reserve your stay with us and start planning your vacation today!
Host your next convention, banquet, or other big events with us in one of our meeting rooms. We'll provide you with the exceptional service you need to complete your occasion. Check out our amenities page and see what other features and services we offer while staying in the Yakima and Selah area.
Check Our Rates & Availability Today!
Activities, Attractions, and Other Things to Do In Yakima County
- Skiing and snowboarding
- Less than 50 miles west of Selah and Yakima lay full service skiing and snowboarding facilities at White Pass Ski Resort. With ranging trail difficulties, White Pass is fun for beginners to advanced skiers alike.
- Snowmobiling & ATV trails
- The Yakima Valley is covered with hundreds of trails perfect for snowmobiling, four wheeling, cross-country skiing and anything else you can think of. Oak Creek, L.T. Murray, and Saddle Mountain are some wildlife areas in the valley with great trails and great wildlife viewing. Snow mobile guided tour packages are available.
- Throughout the Yakima region there's over 400,000 acres of excellent hunting which can range from birds and water fowl to big game hunting. Let us help you book a guided bird hunt today.
- Near Selah, you'll discover a multi-use path for bikers and runners called the Yakima Greenway. The Yakima Valley if full of natural beauty and scenic vistas.
- Yakima County and the surrounding area offer trails with waterfalls, steep-walled canyons and vast open ridges. There's plenty of trail for everyone who wants to enjoy the outdoors around Yakima.
- River rafting
- Both the Yakima River and Tieton River are popular for relaxing trip down the river. There's no better place to spend a hot sunny day in Selah.
- Boating & fishing
- Selah is surrounded by water. There are 71 lakes in the area and 14 rivers. Some of the more popular locations for boating and water skiing include Rimrock Lake Reservoir and Bumping Lake. You'll also discover excellent fishing in the Yakima River and other local waterfronts. Book one of our fishing packages today.
- River Ridge Golf course & fine dining, Yakima Elks Golf & Country Club, Suntides Golf Course, and Fisher Park Golf Course are just 4 of the many golf courses throughout Yakima County that offer outstanding play for any golfing enthusiast. Ask about our golfing dinner & hotel packages today.
- Elk & Sheep feeding
- From Dec 15 to Feb 25 at Oak Creek game range.
- Wooly Mammoth Fossill location
- We have the only site world-wide where a whole wooly mammoth fossill has been found.
- Farmers markets & Upick fruit sites
- Come enjoy the festivities throughout summer and fall.
- Cascade Park
- Over 200 species of birds have been verified here!
Events in Yakima County
- Red Wine and Chocolate - President's Weekend
- Driving Out the Snakes - St. Patrick's Day in March
- Spring Barrel Tasting - last weekend of April
- Red, White & Blues Fest - last weekend of June
- Taste the Grapes - month of October
- Hallowine - last weekend of October
- Thanksgiving in Wine Country - 4th weekend of Nov
Check Our Rates & Availability Today!